Ladies Concede Two late Goals at Table Topping Billericay…

The Ladies travelled to Top of the Table Billericay Sunday looking to improve on their previous league perfomance against Actonions.

The Ladies started the game very well, setting the tempo and on the playing on the front foot. Mollie Kmita and Leah Littlechild were enjoying some early space behind the Billericay back 3.

In the 7th minute there was a shout for handball in the area when a Billericay defender handled when trying to control the ball, but the referee did not feel it was deliberate despite vociferous appeals from the Enfield players and Bench and waved play on.

Enfield were beginning to be on top and on 27 minutes took a deserved lead. Good hold up play from Che Thomas pulled it back to Leah Littlechild whose first time whipped cross to the back post was met by the oncoming Mollie Kmita who smashed in the back of the net. 1-0.

The Ladies were well on top and winning their battles in midfield and the back 4 also resolute in winning their tackles when a crunching tackle from Nuala McKevitt on one of the Billericay Players stopped play for around 5 minutes. The break in play seemed to help Billericay get better organised and began to get on top after the restart.

On 42 minutes the hosts were level. Their Centre Midfielder fell on the ball and clearly handled, players stopped and appealed but the ref once again didn’t see a handball 5 yards in front of him and the ball was quickly played forward into their striker who lobbed Taylor from the edge of the box. 1-1.

The second Half started much the same as the first. Enfield controlling the first 10-15 minutes, but Billericay coming back into it a twice hitting the bar from long range shots. In fact it was becoming end to end with chances for both teams and in the 77 minute Enfield went 2-1 up. Good play from Substitute Diana Tobe played out wide to Mollie Kmita whose first time low cross was cleverly dummied by Katie O’Leary and Che Thomas coming in off the left and smashed it past the Keeper to put the Town in front.

A few minutes later Alana Munro was put clean through and chance to wrap it up but her shot was saved by the Keeper who quickly threw the ball out for a Billercay counter attack which was defended well but a corner to Billericay. The corner followed and a Billericay Defender met the cross with a looping header into the net to make it 2-2 on 84mins.

The next 5 minutes was once again end to end with chances for both teams to score, but it was on 88mins another Billericay corner and carbon copy of their previous corner the same defender jumped highest and headed into the bottom corner to make it 3-2.

There was still time for two chances for Town to score, firstly Alana Munro was sent clear again but her shot was easily saved by the keeper and then a Jessie Carpanini shot from 25 yards was just tipped over the bar the Goalkeeper, with the corner well defended by Billericay.

The full time whistle quickly followed and a great effort from the Ladies who can feel hard done by the result, but not the performance.

Next week they travel away to London Seaward and another performance like today and these narrow defeats and draws of late will soon turn into wins.

Manager Billy Highton Said after the game ‘We didn’t deserve to lose that game. The ladies were superb and fought hard for each other and Im very proud of each and every one of them”

Share This PageFacebooktwitter