Further to the government’s announcement on Wednesday 30 December with regards to the introduction and continuation of Tier 4 areas and the latest information on COVID-19, the FA have issued the following update.
Football for adult participants across ‘non-elite’ football in Tier 4 areas is not permitted, including all training and fixtures. This immediate advice applies to the following aspects of ‘non-elite’ football in England in Tier 4 areas:
- Steps three to six of the National League System (NLS)
- Tiers three to seven of the Women’s Football Pyramid
- Regional NLS feeder leagues
- Barclays FA WSL Academy League (unless under elite guidance)
- Indoor and outdoor adult grassroots football
- Vitality Women’s FA Cup (which is currently classified as ‘non-elite’ at this stage in the competition)
As a result our First Team FA Women’s National League and FA Cup Matches together with our Reserves and Thirds Greater London Women’s League are suspended until further notice.
Further updates will follow in due course..